Craig finally did it! ---Decided to try some fly fishing. Up Huntington Canyon we went Saturday morning and it was so beautiful. But it is Fly fishing only so..... off he went. I pulled out my folding chair and newspaper and just enjoyed the sun coming over the canyon and the cool fallish breeze. An occasional osprey flew over making its noise and I watched to make sure he wasn't dropping me any "presents". Did have a truck stop and I kind of ignored it but he would say "lady, lady' in kind of a horse whisper, so I would turn around and he wouldn't be looking at me so I would turn back around and he would do it again..."Lady....Lady" I was getting nervous but then he did it again and I realized he was saying "Sadie, sadie" and it was his dog he was calling.....whew.....


This is a blurred picture of Craig's friend that was killed in the rescue effort at the Crandall Canyon Mine(Genwall Mine} Sad, Sad. Going up the Canyon ,Saturday, sure gave a somber feeling of what has been going on up there. All the media had pulled out and just the Sheriff's trailer was there. In Craig's experiences working at the coal mines and his share of ER visits, Gib was always there. He either took Craig down the mountain or met them there. He was the one to meet me at the ER doors and tell me upfront how Craig was, and it was "he is mostly banged up but will be OK" And followed by some thing to make me laugh. Great guy!
4 comments:
Marilyn! This is Aleta. Hope you don't mind, but Ashley showed me your blog. I have created my own thanks to Ashley's help. The site is http://zoobie926.blogspot.com. I appreciated your note this summer...we miss you guys!! I'm needing a new YW secretary, they took Liz Steele from me... you interested?...how I wish;) Hope to hear from you soon!
Glad to see that you got to relax and that you weren't being stalked! We're excited to see you soon! (Not as excited as Spencer though)
How beautiful! Uncle Craig will have to show Wade how to Fly Fish. As if he needs anything else to occupy his time.That is so fun though. Wade and I used to do the same thing before kids. He would go fishing in Panguitch and Duck Creek and I would sit and read something. He tried that only once with the kids and needless to say he hasn't tried it since.
Congrats to Laura! And way to go Uncle Craig...did you catch any? It is so sad about the miners and their poor families. I can't imagine what sadness they must be going through. Just grateful Uncle Craig isn't working down there.
Post a Comment